Do you gram, blog, vlog, tweet, pin or post?
Are you studying in the marketing field?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Social Media Intern to join the growing team of our Digital Marketing Agency based in Birmingham.
The intern will learn how to reach communities, and promote events or programs through the internet and gain experience in social media platforms and the tools used to assess their performance.
The successful candidate will be responsible for contributing to website redesign projects, monitoring and posting on blogs and social networks, engaging in online forums, participating in online outreach and promotions and conducting keyword analysis. If you are looking to gain valuable digital media experience with a young and exciting organisation, you are encouraged to apply.
The intern hired for this position will need strong critical thinking skills in order to integrate into our vibrant and passionate team who are very excited to share their knowledge and skills with an intern hoping to gain a ton of great online experience, and develop a career in a very exciting and dynamic space.
– Social Media management – Instagram, Facebook, Twitter & Pinterest
– Responds to posts or comments to bring value to user’s interactions with the brands
– Posts updates, news and announcements in a timely manner using appropriate content
– Performs research to find articles, stories, resources, or other content that is relevant to our clients
– Updates Facebook, Instagram & Twitter accounts with current and relevant photos, video, or other content from company activities and events
– Grows the brands online social networks by increasing fan base and interactions
– Maintains current information in Google+ and LinkedIn accounts
– Completes other social media projects as assigned
– Online outreach and promotion using Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and more
– Creative self starter who is comfortable with both taking initiative and working in collaboration
– Detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills
– Solid writing skills – we’re looking for someone with a good sense of wit and charm in their writing
– Top-Notch Social Skills with a strong personal network
– Enthusiasm for social media
– Experience with Microsoft applications, basic photo-editing and video-editing software, and internet browsers. Experience with Photoshop and InDesign a plus
– Familiarity with mainstream social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+ and LinkedIn
While the internship is unpaid, we will cover all travel and work related expenses. Candidates should maintain a positive attitude under pressure, exhibit a strong work ethic, and enjoy working with a wide range of personalities. Most importantly, the candidate should be flexible and willing to take on multiple tasks in a start-up environment. Just know, you will take home with you a lot of industry knowledge that will be beneficial in your future career goals.
Please send a brief cover letter explaining why you believe you would be the right person for this position along with your CV, we look forward to hearing from you!